Dr Sister is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment in which patients can be confident that best practice is followed at all times and where everyone’s safety is of paramount importance.
All patients are entitled to have a chaperone present for any consultation, or procedure where they feel one is required. A chaperone may be a family member or a friend, or a member of our staff. If you request a member of staff, we ask you to make this request at the time of booking to ensure we have someone available. Where this is not possible, we will endeavour to re-arrange your appointment to ensure a chaperone is available.
Our trained chaperone will:
- Be sensitive and respect your dignity and confidentiality
- Reassure you in the event of distress or discomfort
- Be familiar with the procedures involved
- Stay for the whole examination and be able to see what the clinician is doing, if practical
- Be prepared to raise concerns if they are concerned about the clinician’s behaviour or actions.
If you have any further questions please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org